At the start of my second adventure, Marco, my not-so-little brother, makes wonderful waffle tacos for breakfast (with Mom & Dad’s help of course, so he wouldn’t blow up the kitchen again, but that’s another story 😉 ). The breaky (Aussie slang) tacos were totally yummy and oh so easy to make! You don’t have to stop by Taco Bell! Here’s our recipe instructions:
1. Make you (and whoever else) some hardcore waffles. In case you’re wondering, hardcore waffles are just regular waffles, only hardcore 🙂 .
2. Fry or bake you some sausage patties or bacon.
3. Scramble you some eggs and a little hash.
4. Fold your warm waffle in half, taco shell style, and layer your breaky meat, eggs, and hash inside it.
5. Drizzle the contents with a breaky topping of your choice, like syrup, melted cheese, hot sauce (like my dad does), or icing! (Listen, your topping doesn’t have to be “appropriate”.)
6. Stick a big toothpick through your waffle to hold it closed.
7. Open your mouth wide, tear a piece off (daintily, if you so desire), and chew!
8. Don’t ever forget to enjoy. 🙂
P.S. You can make you (and whoever else, not to seem selfish 😉 ) a companion waffle taco. Instead of using “real food”, as my Mom calls it, fill your waffle with breaky dessert content like fruit, berries, granola & chocolate, cereal, or pop tart pieces (though that might be taking it a little too far). Top it off with honey, nutella, or molasses! Enjoy x2!